This eye-pleasing log house has been standing in the centre of Starý Smokovec since 1880. Its original name used to be „Little Spiš“. A couple of years later it was renamed after the great Tatry-loving Austro-Hungarian minister Dezider Szilágyi (to this day many inhabitants of the Tatras know it as the Szilágy villa).
However, not even this name is the last name on the building‘s birth certificate. The building has borne its current name for nearly 100 years. It was named after the daughter of the then Czechoslovak president T. G. Masaryk.
Since 2002 it has been on the Slovak national cultural heritage list. Its complete reconstruction started in 2007 and thanks to the support of Norwegian financial mechanism, all reconstruction and conservation work has been carried out. At the moment it houses the library as well as the office of the Association of Mountain Guides.
GPS: 49°08’25.2″N 20°13’22.7″E
View Starý Smokovec, Vila Alica on a larger map