Another in a series of wooden churches in the vicinity of our hotel is a little church in Tatranska Kotlina. You can find it at the end of the village in the direction of Zdiar, just before exit for the distinctive village Lendak. It situated to the right of the main road. When going by car it can be easily overlooked because it is obscured by the high trees surrounding it. The locals have been using it for worship since 1891 when it was finished by the architect and builder from Levoca, Anton Muller.
This one-nave building is built in the neo-Gothic style using half-timbered construction. Entrance to the church is through the available anteroom, over which stands a wooden belfry. Typical Tatra motifs – the edelweiss flowers can be found not only in the exterior (on the roof) but also inside the church (on the altar).
GPS: 49°13’50.3″N 20°18’59.1″E (on Google maps this place is incorrectly marked as a Protestant church!)
Zobraziť Tatranská Kotlina, drevený rímskokatolícky kostol na väčšej mape